Wednesday, July 25, 2012

As a Lesson to the Squid (aka Food)


The food here is awesome! I've been a fussy eater in the past and I've come a long way, but my excitement about trying new things was a little tempered with doubts about finding a ton of food I could eat every day.

There was nothing to worry about at all. It turns out everything here is delicious from the seafood to the purple tongue-flavoured crackers pictured above. They have a habit of pounding rice or meat into a jelly, then frying the result in delicious spices or, more often than not, red chilli paste.

Everything combines sweet and sour flavours here, especially snack food. Bread always contains sugar and a good example of this tendency is their peanut cream sandwiches which you can buy, with the crusts cut off, at a convenience store. It is a sweet white bread with peanut-flavoured whipped cream in the middle.



2 comments:

  1. In Korea, there is sugar where it shouldn't be, and no sugar where it should be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my hot dog tasted funny. D: (I kinda like it)

      Delete